I suppose a lot of you have heard the news on Facebook already. (There’s only about 7 of you out there in blogworld reading this thing, right?) … But in case you don’t already know…
Our Dossier was submitted today!!!!
This is great news! I was prepared to wait all day. But the call came at 7:30 this morning (our facilitator is stinkin’ amazing!) She happily told us that we were indeed submitted today (K & L’s country is 8 hours ahead of us, so it was already a done deal when we awoke this morning.)
Honestly, I was and am excited. But for the past few days I’ve felt a calmness in my spirit – not the kind of peace that comes with knowing that God is going to answer your prayer,… more like the kind of peace that comes when God is whispering to you that you just need to trust Him.
So when the call came and we were submitted, I thought, wow, that was easy.
And then the other shoe dropped.
I found out through some other families adopting from K&L’s country that the department of adoptions there is no longer assigning appointments until after the closure and re-opening of the new department. (Which, remember, can be up to THREE MONTHS after July 11th).
Our facilitator said on the phone this morning that there was rumor of them not assigning appointments, but really, we don’t know anything for sure. Maybe they’ll assign appointments for those whose paperwork has been submitted, maybe they won’t.
What Are We Waiting For?
We’re waiting for an appointment date with the department of adoptions… that’s when we’ll know our travel date.
What Does This Mean?
It might mean that we could get a travel date any day now.
It might mean we’ll be waiting until after the country closes and re-opens. A month? Two? Three?
We just don’t know.
I can imagine this is pretty deflating news for those of you who’ve been fervently praying for our dossier to be submitted today. I’m disappointed as well. But I am resting and trusting in the Lord, who knows all things.
We don’t know.
I do ask that you continue to pray that we’ll know the Father’s will, that we’ll trust Him…. that K&L won’t have to wait a second longer than He deems necessary to come home with their family… please pray!
We don’t know.
And I trust Him!
I’ll update you all as soon as I know anything… and we’ll be back soon with more of our story!